Website: Gillian Chan
Published Book(s): An Ocean Apart, A Foreign Field and many others which you can find here.
Upcoming Book (s): A Call To Battle. Launch is at the Bryan Prince Bookseller on Sept 30, 2012 at 2 pm.
Notable Review (s/ Achievements): A Foreign Field is the winner of Ontario Library Association's White Pine Award, among other awards.
The Q&Q:1) In one word, how would you describe your personality?
2) What is your deepest desire?For those I love to be happy
3) Your greatest fear?Something happening to my son and husband
4) Your favourite colour?I have two of which I am equally fond - any shade of either green or grey
5) A song you can't help singing along with, every time you hear it?American Pie - Don MaClean
6) A movie that made you cry?Captains Courageous starring Spencer Tracy and Freddie Bartholomew. No one will watch it with me as I start crying when the titles come up and don't stop all through the film.
7) A book you have read more than five times? Or a book that influenced you the most?"Heart of Darkness" by Conrad. The ultimate unreliable narrator and I do like unreliable narrators.
8) From your own oeuvre: your favorite child?Ben Larsson from "The Turning" as he is so unremittingly bloody minded - not without good cause.
9) One thing you hate about being a writer?Having to leave behind characters when I finish "their book" and start work on another .
10) One thing no one knows about you (and now will)?Some people are Star Wars or Star Trek geeks, I am a geek about the Norse (don't ever, ever call them Vikings!). I have been researching that period of history endlessly and there will be a book one day.